Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is what my Mom used to make when we were kids. They are super easy to make and are great made on stew, roast or soup. They would probably work on casseroles if there is enough liquid but I haven't tried that yet. Add whatever herbs you think will compliment your main dish. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or other herbs)
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in egg, milk and parsley.
- Drop by spoonfuls on top of simmering liquids (not boiling or they will fall apart) and COVER.
- Check to see if dumplings are set after approximately 15 - 30 minutes. After they are set, they should be fine on dish for about 2 hours.
These are easy and delicious dumplings. I made as posted adding 1 teaspoon dried dill with the parsley. I cooked them on top of Lobscouse (Lobscows) for a tasty simple supper. Thanks for posting Nif. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
Made as directed and the result was a very nicely risen and light dumpling. :)