Recipe by Nif
An easy way to have a great meal and a great smelling house as it cooks while you are out. I have used half frozen chops in a pinch by just briefly defrosting in the microwave. The sauce is great if you make it the night before but is almost as good made the day of - just don't forget the smoke to give it a great BBQ flavour. You can also brown the chops the night before so you only have to spend 1 minute getting your chops ready to go in the crock pot the day that you are cooking. I like to serve these chops over rice with veggies on the side. I'm sure that this would work great with a pork roast or tenderloin, beef or chicken. Enjoy!
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
Yum! I was looking for a recipe like this-it was perfect! It tastes like ribs and that is what I was hoping for. I used Emeril's Essence to season my chops in place of the seasoned salt. I added a finely minced shallot along with the garlic and added a few tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. I used bone-in center cut pork loin chops because ribs have bones and I think it's tastier with the bone-in. I just bought some smoked paprika and was so happy to find a recipe to use it in! Thanks for a great recipe-my husband loved it too! I served it with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Something that is this easy shouldn't taste this good! P.S. I think the amount of brown sugar and liquid smoke is perfect!
For the sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups Heinz ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, hickory flavour preferred
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, smoked preferred
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
For the chops
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, at least 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate if made the night before.
- Heat oil over medium heat in frying pan.
- Season the chops with the seasoning salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown chops for 3 minutes on each side. Cover and refrigerate if made the night before.
- Add chops to crock pot. Cover with sauce and cook on low for 5 hours, 6-7 hours if mostly frozen. These times work great in my crock pot but your's may be hotter or cooler. That's why I like crock pots, it's hard to overcook!