1/1 Photo of Nif's Creamy Macaroni and Cheese (Bake or No Bake)
This simple comfort food dish is great on a cold night. If you don't want to bake this, just read the note at the bottom of the instructions. Also, if you are not baking it, take 20 minutes off of the cooking time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g shaped pasta
- water, to boil pasta in
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 591.47 ml skim milk
- 473.18 ml old cheddar cheese, low fat, grated
- 59.14 ml seasoned breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Bring water to a boil and add chicken bouillon. Cook pasta in water for 1-2 minutes LESS than the package instructs. You want it to be more al dente than what you would typically cook it to.
- 3Meanwhile, add butter, flour, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper to a saucepan. Stir together until butter is fully melted. Whisk in milk and stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Set aside.
- 4Strain pasta when done. Return to pot and stir in cheese sauce.
- 5Spray 4 litre (4 quart) casserole dish and pour in pasta and cheese sauce.
- 6Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7*** If you don't want to bake this, cook pasta to desired doneness, mix with sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Creamy Macaroni and Cheese (Bake or No Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 411.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: