Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Do you like to BBQ and you like to eat healthy too? You'll like this one then. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground chicken (or any combination of the 2) or 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground turkey (or any combination of the 2)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Hy's brand if you have it)
- 8 slices cooked ham
- 8 slices low-fat swiss cheese
- 8 multigrain buns, split
- Preheat BBQ to medium (approx 350º F).
- In large bowl, add onion, chicken and/or turkey, egg, breadcrumbs and spices. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties. (You can freeze them at this time to make at a later date. Put parchment between each burger.).
- Place patties on BBQ. Close lid. Cook each side 5-10 minutes or until center is well cooked. Thermometer should be at least 160-170º F.
- For the last 2-3 minutes of cooking the burgers, heat ham slices on grill.
- Place the buns cut side down on the grill and brown slightly.
- Serve chicken/turkey burgers on the buns, topped with ham, then cheese and fixings of choice.
I'd rather be eating this while picnicking besides the Seine rather than while unloading a dishwasher. Made for ZWT#8~France.
Very nice healthier burger. I used turkey. I grilled mine on the BBQ but would also be good during the winter on the Foreman Grill. I used those new Multi-grained Sandwich Thins, which were quite good with these. I had mine "plain" but would be good with the usual condiments. Made for the Grilling game at Kittencalskitchen.
Very good chicken/turkey burgers. Surprisingly, I had no swiss, so I ended up using provolone, but the recipe still turned out very good. Very tastey change from the usual burger. And it is "lightened up!" Made for Zaar 123 Tag. Thanks so much for posting.