Recipe by Nif
I used to make this semi-frequently and just remembered it! It is really good and very quick to put together. I'm sure you can modify to use fresh peaches, but this is for canned peaches. I use yellow onions, but I can't see why red onion wouldn't work. This dish is excellent just served over white rice. Enjoy!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
This was very easy to make, even when I cut the chicken into cubes. I had 2 huge ones. I tried thickening the sauce by adding arrowroot, but don't think I used enough. I mixed it all together. I liked the flavors, DH was "okay" and DD didn't like.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches, sliced, reserve juice
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and saute onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add peach juice from can, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and keep warm. Bring pan juices to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add peach slices and red pepper to juices and cook for 2 minutes. Serve chicken over rice and top with sauce.