1/6 Photos of Nif's Butterflied Grilled Whole Chicken
YUM, YUM, YUM! And easy too :). The instructions are easier than they look - I was just being specific. This chicken cooks much quicker than a regular whole chicken because of the method that I use. Only 2 ingredients makes this a quick last minute delicious dish. Adjust the amount of rub used according to your own taste; I use 2 tablespoons total. If you don't have rub, you can just use some salt and pepper. The cooking time may vary slightly as not all barbeques cook at the same temperature. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat both sides of barbeque to high heat. While it is heating up, prepare chicken:.
- 2Place whole chicken on a baking sheet, breast side down. With kitchen shears, cut down each side of back bone and discard. Rinse chicken with cool water and place back on baking sheet, again breast side down.
- 3Sprinkle your desired amount of rub on the inside of the chicken and massage into the meat. Flip over, press the chicken down if it's not laying flat, and repeat the rub. Make sure you have coated the whole chicken.
- 4On BBQ, turn one side of grill off. Place chicken on the turned off side, breast side down. By doing that, you will get beautiful grill marks without the flare-ups and it will cook in indirect heat. BBQ for 15 minutes.
- 5Flip over in same area on grill and cook for another 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180°F.
- 6Remove from grill onto a clean baking sheet or plate. Tent with tin foil for at least 10 minutes before cutting up chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Butterflied Grilled Whole Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.4
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 255.1 mg
- Sodium 238.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 63.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings