Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had limited ingredients on hand and wanted to make breakfast for supper tonight. Make sure that you use bread that is dried out or maybe you can toast it? This is what we had and we all really enjoyed it. Enjoy!
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 cups whole grain day-old bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese, grated, divided (or any combination of Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Havarti, Swiss, or any other cheese)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomatoes, sliced or 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup ham, diced
- Whisk together eggs, milk and baking powder.
- Stir in bread cubes and soak for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray an 8' x 8" casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in mixture.
- Top with optional toppings.
- Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until middle is set.