1/1 Photo of Nif's Bread Crackers in a Pinch
I was making appetizers for a work Christmas party and the idea that I had conjured up in my head was just NOT working! I looked around the kitchen and saw a loaf of bread. I needed something as a base for a couple of toppings that I wanted to use so this is what I came up with! No one could tell that they were bread shapes and they were very well received. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Line a cookie sheet with a silicone pad, parchment paper or tin foil.
- 2With a cookie cutter, cut out shapes from your slices of bread. You can use whatever shape but I used a smaller circle and they turned out great.
- 3Pick up the cutouts and press them flat with your fingers, making them very thin like a cracker.
- 4Crush the garlic clove(s) with the side of a large knife and add to butter. Melt in the microwave and the garlic will infuse the butter as it heats up. Brush each "cracker" with garlic butter and place on the cookie sheet.
- 5Place in oven and turn over after 5 minutes. Bake for another 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them in case your oven cooks hotter than mine.
- 6Top with preferred toppings.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Bread Crackers in a Pinch
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 129.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g