Recipe by Nif
I hope you like this one. It's something that I put together tonight while making chicken. Enjoy!
Top Review by Boomette
I used 1 small shallot, omitted the salt. The cooking method was perfect. The rice came out perfect, not stock to the pan and cooked to perfection :) Thanks Nif :) Made for Market tag game
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 1⁄8 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature (or skip the 1/2 teaspoon salt and use salted butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add green onions, tomatoes, salt and rice. Stir to blend all the flavours.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and turn heat to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then turn off burner, leaving pot on the burner. DO NOT remove the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter and fluff rice with a fork.