1/2 Photos of Nif's Basmati Rice Pilaf
I hope you like this one. It's something that I put together tonight while making chicken. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 1/8 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature (or skip the 1/2 teaspoon salt and use salted butter)
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- 2Add green onions, tomatoes, salt and rice. Stir to blend all the flavours.
- 3Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and turn heat to low.
- 4Cook for 10 minutes and then turn off burner, leaving pot on the burner. DO NOT remove the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in butter and fluff rice with a fork.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Basmati Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 541.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g