Recipe by Nif
Easy, healthy and kids love it! Use plum sauce or your favourite sauce to dip them into. Enjoy!
Top Review by I'mPat
This is the first time I have used corn flakes (crushed them up in the mini food processor), I used 3 chicken breasts (weighed just under 600 grams) which was more than enough for 3 of us and with some left over for sandwiches. I also sprayed the tray in which I cooked them as well as the top of the pieces, it was really easy to bring together and baked for 30 minutes at 170C fan forced. Thank you Nif for a lovely crunchy chicken nuggets recipe, made for Went to Market tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into long 1-inch strips
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Hy's brand if you can get it)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (it keeps saying olive oil flavoured but I use the real stuff in a spritzer) or cooking spray (it keeps saying olive oil flavoured but I use the real stuff in a spritzer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat egg white and yogurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- In a flat-ish bowl, mix together corn flake crumbs, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Spray cookie sheet with olive oil or cover with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- Dunk each piece of chicken into crumbs using a fork. Arrange on cookie sheet. Spray tops with olive oil and place in oven for 20 minutes.