Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, healthy and kids love it! Use plum sauce or your favourite sauce to dip them into. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into long 1-inch strips
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Hy's brand if you can get it)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (it keeps saying olive oil flavoured but I use the real stuff in a spritzer) or cooking spray (it keeps saying olive oil flavoured but I use the real stuff in a spritzer)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat egg white and yogurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- In a flat-ish bowl, mix together corn flake crumbs, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Spray cookie sheet with olive oil or cover with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- Dunk each piece of chicken into crumbs using a fork. Arrange on cookie sheet. Spray tops with olive oil and place in oven for 20 minutes.
This is the first time I have used corn flakes (crushed them up in the mini food processor), I used 3 chicken breasts (weighed just under 600 grams) which was more than enough for 3 of us and with some left over for sandwiches. I also sprayed the tray in which I cooked them as well as the top of the pieces, it was really easy to bring together and baked for 30 minutes at 170C fan forced. Thank you Nif for a lovely crunchy chicken nuggets recipe, made for Went to Market tag game.
Everyone liked. Pretty easy to make.
I make these all the time as I am on a low fat diet.I sub 1/4 c bread crumbs for the cereal and they are delicious.I sometimes add parmesan cheese.Hubby likes them as well with low fat ranch dressing to dip.If in a kicked up mood I will also add hot sauce and italian seasoning.These are very good and thank you for the recipe that is so changeable.I bake them 30 mins at 350 and they are perfect.