Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had lots of eggs and linguine on hand, so what do you make with that? Carbonara! This version is without bacon because I just didn't have any. It may look like a lot of instructions but I literally had this on the table in 15 to 20 minutes because you do most of the work while the pasta is cooking. Enjoy!
- 1 lb linguine (or other pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, plus more to garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, garnish
- Boil pasta in salted water for 1 minute less than the package states.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil and the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and breadcrumbs and stir occasionally until everything smells delicious, about 5 minutes.
- Remove breadcrumb mixture from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together eggs,milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- When pasta is done, strain (do NOT rinse) and add to frying pan.
- Stir to coat with oil and then add egg mixture.
- Stir to coat pasta and then stir every minute or so for about 4 minutes, until eggs are mostly cooked.
- Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into serving dish and top with optional garnish.
Awful. Breadcrumbs ruined it, texture is awful. I made it to the recipe, and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
A very easy and flavoursome version of one of my favourite dishes, beware, the breadcrumbs make it quite filling, and a little goes a long way! I purposely made plenty so that I would have leftovers for lunch today :) Generously sprinkled with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese, a good grind of black pepper, yum, this was very much enjoyed! Thanks Nif, lovely recipe, made for PRMR tag game.
this was really easy and tastes good if you are going meatless this recipe may be for you .a simple meal