Recipe by Nif
I had lots of eggs and linguine on hand, so what do you make with that? Carbonara! This version is without bacon because I just didn't have any. It may look like a lot of instructions but I literally had this on the table in 15 to 20 minutes because you do most of the work while the pasta is cooking. Enjoy!
- 1 lb linguine (or other pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, plus more to garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in salted water for 1 minute less than the package states.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil and the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and breadcrumbs and stir occasionally until everything smells delicious, about 5 minutes.
- Remove breadcrumb mixture from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together eggs,milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- When pasta is done, strain (do NOT rinse) and add to frying pan.
- Stir to coat with oil and then add egg mixture.
- Stir to coat pasta and then stir every minute or so for about 4 minutes, until eggs are mostly cooked.
- Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into serving dish and top with optional garnish.