A quick dinner that I put together tonight. Super easy and tasty too! Enjoy!
Make and share this Nif's Bacon-Topped Moist Meatloaf Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mrs. dash original seasoning (or any dried herb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (including whites)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 3 slices bacon, each cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Gently mix all ingredients, except for the bacon, with your hands in a large bowl.
- Fill each muffin cup with meatloaf mixture. They should be almost full. Place 1/4 piece of bacon on top of each meatloaf muffin.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F You can quickly brown the bacon under the broiler for a couple of minutes if you prefer.
- Tip: After cooking muffins, pry each one out with a fork (or really any utensil) and set on top of the dividers between each cup. This lets the fat drain of a bit before placing on a serving dish.
A good easy mini meat loaf recipe and did love the addition of a bacon square was a nice touch (I used rindless near fat free bacon) and as we don't get Mrs dash here I used a Tuscan seasoning but only 1 teaspoon as it is heavy on the salt and when mixing even though I love balsamic vinegar I was wondering if it would over power the dish but it did not but overall we would have like a slightly more spicy taste but that is personal preverance but still a good quick mid week meal that I would recommend. Ours were cooked at 175C fan forced in just under 30 minutes. Thank you Nif, made for Please Review My Recipe.