Recipe by Nif
You'll think that you are being spoiled in a nice restaurant with this recipe. This was a Sandi Richards recipe that I changed just a little. Enjoy!
Top Review by 7Seven
Thank you, Nif! Amazing recipe and certainly fine dining quality! The chicken was moist and tender and full of flavour. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and I cooked it covered the last 5 minutes. This is a keeper!
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (can be non-alcoholic)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken: Smear 1/2 teaspoon garlic on rough side of each chicken breast.
- Lay 3 spears of asparagus on top of garlic, roll the breast around the asparagus and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a large flat frying pan at medium-high heat. Brown all sides of the rolled chicken.
- Add wine and chicken broth to pan after all the breasts have browned. Let simmer at medium heat, turning once, until liquid evaporates. Remove toothpicks!
- Hollandaise: Beat egg yolks with a whisk in a small stove top pot (no heat yet). Add lemon juice, dry mustard and Tabasco to yolks. Whisk together to combine.
- Melt butter until liquid, about 10 seconds. Very slowly drizzle the butter into egg yolks while whisking. Now place on medium-low heat.
- Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Heat through while whisking. Remove from heat. Add a little more milk if you want it thinner.
- Serve chicken with Hollandaise sauce drizzled over top.