1/2 Photos of Nif's 30 Minute Tuna Casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups rotini pasta (or other shaped pasta, I use a high fibre version)
- olive oil, for spritzer
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped (about 1 stalk)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) can tuna, lightly drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb, coarsely ground
- 1Cook pasta as directed. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2While waiting for the water to boil, add mushrooms, onion, celery and garlic to a nonstick pan sprayed with olive oil. Saute over medium heat until just tender. The moisture from the veggies will keep them from sticking.
- 3While cooking the pasta, stir tuna, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper into the pan. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese.
- 4When pasta is al dente, stir into pan. Pour into a casserole dish sprayed with olive oil. Cover with bread crumbs.
- 5Cook for 15 minutes. The higher heat will ensure that you have some crunch to the bread crumbs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's 30 Minute Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 342.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: