Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Only 1 WW point!!! Another quick and healthy omelette that I love to whip up in the morning when I'm rushing around to get ready for work. I just set it up and can forget about it for a few minutes. There are several varieties of this that I make, it just depends on what I have on hand. It is NOT a savory or rich omelette, but a healthy dish that is a real favourite of mine. Enjoy!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 egg whites (I measure 6 tablespoons because I always have a carton of egg whites in the fridge)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, lightly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Spray 6" or 8" good quality nonstick pan with spray. Heat over low-medium heat, no hotter. Add mushrooms to pan, spreading evenly in pan. Slowly pour egg whites over mushrooms and then sprinkle with spinach. Cover with lid.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes. Occasionally check to see when egg whites are no longer runny on top of the omelette.
- When set, tip omelette onto plate while folding in half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
I changed it a bit and used 2 whole eggs, so probably messed up the WW points. Otherwise I stuck to the recipe. I've never made an omelette without lifting the edges up so the uncooked egg could seep down. This is much easier. Just put the lid on and forget about it! Loved the cooking method. I'll try this more often with other toppings! Quick and easy breakfast.
Delicious, easy and filling too - plus only one point! I could eat this every day -- with some variations depending on the veggies I have on hand. Thanks for sharing this keeper which I will making often!
I used 1/2 cup of egg white by mistake. It was very good. I liked how this omelette is done. So easy. My son was eating something else and told me he didn't like omelette. I gave him a bite of it. And he liked it. He even asked for another bite. And usually he doesn't like spinach. Thanks Nif :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives