1/1 Photo of Nieve De Mango Con Tequila ( Mango - Tequila Ice)
3 hrs 20 mins
During the warm months in Mexico, a variety of tropical fruit-flavored ices are sold by vendors with pushcarts, usually stationed in the parks and in front of schools. In the zócalo - main square - several exotic varieties are available, including those flavored with the local specialty, an egg-nog like liquor called rompope, and of course, the ever-popular tequila and lime. The following ice combines the tequila and lime with the the sweetness of mango. Prep time includes freezer time. From Mexico Connect
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir the sugar and water together over medium heat until the mixture boils and the sugar dissolves.
- 2Cool the mixture, place it in a blender, add the mango and lime juice and puree until smooth.
- 3Transfer to a pie plate or refrigerator tray covered with foil, and freeze 2 hours, or until slushy.
- 4Remove from freezer, add the tequila, and beat well.
- 5Return to freezer, remove after one-half hour, and beat again.
- 6Place the ice in the freezer and remove 10-15 minutes before serving time.
- 7Place in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nieve De Mango Con Tequila ( Mango - Tequila Ice)
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: