Recipe by bbort
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry Inspired by the classic Huevos Ranchero, this breakfast dish is simple yet interesting. The use of a muffin tin allows for many nests to be made at once making this a perfect recipe for entertaining.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 cup pico de gallo
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using non-stick muffin tin press hash browns into bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Sprinkle each nest with salt and pepper.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and crack an egg into each nest.
- Return to oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Top each nest with Pico de Gallo.
- Serve warm.