Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
They come out great chewy and moist every-time . My daughter and husband love them !
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter
- shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and
- vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda,
- cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in
- the oats and raisins , nuts and choc. chips . Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto
- ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not
- overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from
- cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight
truthfully, they were ok, ive been looking for the perfect oatmeal cookie, and these were chewy but also not very pretty
I just finished the last batch of these little jems. They are absolutly the best oatmeal cookies. I did add the choc. chips and the walnuts and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for an awesome cookie Creole Queen!
I made these cookies last week and substituted apple pie spice for the ground cloves (my supermarket didn't have any cloves!!). These came out terrific and I agree with Sly Girl, these are the only Oatmeal cookies I will ever make!!!! Two thumbs up!!