Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my favorite dessert to make, and always gets raves. This is really easy to make, and my 5 yr. old loves to help. You may use any fruit you like, but I have found these taste the best. This is great for a dinner party, potluck, or family gathering where you need to feed a lot. I usually bake my cake the night before, but if you premake ahead even a couple of days the syrup
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (butter or strawberry, these flavors work best, but you can use any flavor. I prefer butter flavor)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans peach halves in syrup (I like to use spiced peaches, reserve the juice from both cans)
- 2 (16 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, drained
- 4 bananas, sliced into small pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans whipped cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup almonds (slices or slivers(or your favorite nut)
- 5 sugar ice cream cones, crushed (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Reserve small amount of bananas, cherries, nuts and ice cream pieces for the top.
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Make vanilla pudding, chill till needed.
- Tear cake into little pieces, set aside.
- If you don't premake you cake, make sure it is completely cooled before making this dessert.
- In a punch bowl or large serving bowl layer ingredients as follows.
- Thin layer of pudding to cover bottom of bowl.
- Small layer of cake pieces (1/4 pineapple, peaches, bananas, oranges and cherries).
- When spooning peaches, don't drain; you will use any leftover syrup at end.
- Small amount of nuts.
- Layer of whipped cream.
- Layer of crushed ice cream cone pieces.
- Follow the layers until your done with fruit and pudding.
- May have some cake left over.
- Pour remaining syrup over last layer of cake.
- Top with remaining whipped cream, fruit, nuts and ice cream cone pieces.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top.
- Chill till ready to serve. Best when cold.
I made this for my in laws on the weekend and it was a huge hit. Everyone wanted the recipe and it looked so nice when it was presented. I have now found a new favorite dessart thanks so much for posting.