Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my favorite dessert to make, and always gets raves. This is really easy to make, and my 5 yr. old loves to help. You may use any fruit you like, but I have found these taste the best. This is great for a dinner party, potluck, or family gathering where you need to feed a lot. I usually bake my cake the night before, but if you premake ahead even a couple of days the syrup
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (butter or strawberry, these flavors work best, but you can use any flavor. I prefer butter flavor)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans peach halves in syrup (I like to use spiced peaches, reserve the juice from both cans)
- 2 (16 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, drained
- 4 bananas, sliced into small pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans whipped cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup almonds (slices or slivers(or your favorite nut)
- 5 sugar ice cream cones, crushed (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Reserve small amount of bananas, cherries, nuts and ice cream pieces for the top.
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Make vanilla pudding, chill till needed.
- Tear cake into little pieces, set aside.
- If you don't premake you cake, make sure it is completely cooled before making this dessert.
- In a punch bowl or large serving bowl layer ingredients as follows.
- Thin layer of pudding to cover bottom of bowl.
- Small layer of cake pieces (1/4 pineapple, peaches, bananas, oranges and cherries).
- When spooning peaches, don't drain; you will use any leftover syrup at end.
- Small amount of nuts.
- Layer of whipped cream.
- Layer of crushed ice cream cone pieces.
- Follow the layers until your done with fruit and pudding.
- May have some cake left over.
- Pour remaining syrup over last layer of cake.
- Top with remaining whipped cream, fruit, nuts and ice cream cone pieces.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top.
- Chill till ready to serve. Best when cold.
I made this for my in laws on the weekend and it was a huge hit. Everyone wanted the recipe and it looked so nice when it was presented. I have now found a new favorite dessart thanks so much for posting.