1 hr 20 mins
Nicole Brummett's Note:
This is my favorite dessert to make, and always gets raves. This is really easy to make, and my 5 yr. old loves to help. You may use any fruit you like, but I have found these taste the best. This is great for a dinner party, potluck, or family gathering where you need to feed a lot. I usually bake my cake the night before, but if you premake ahead even a couple of days the syrup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (butter or strawberry, these flavors work best, but you can use any flavor. I prefer butter flavor)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans peach halves in syrup (I like to use spiced peaches, reserve the juice from both cans)
- 2 (16 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, drained
- 4 bananas, sliced into small pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans whipped cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup almonds (slices or slivers(or your favorite nut)
- 5 sugar ice cream cones, crushed (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- 1Reserve small amount of bananas, cherries, nuts and ice cream pieces for the top.
- 2Bake cake according to package directions.
- 3Make vanilla pudding, chill till needed.
- 4Tear cake into little pieces, set aside.
- 5If you don't premake you cake, make sure it is completely cooled before making this dessert.
- 6In a punch bowl or large serving bowl layer ingredients as follows.
- 7Thin layer of pudding to cover bottom of bowl.
- 8Small layer of cake pieces (1/4 pineapple, peaches, bananas, oranges and cherries).
- 9When spooning peaches, don't drain; you will use any leftover syrup at end.
- 10Small amount of nuts.
- 11Layer of whipped cream.
- 12Layer of crushed ice cream cone pieces.
- 13Follow the layers until your done with fruit and pudding.
- 14May have some cake left over.
- 15Pour remaining syrup over last layer of cake.
- 16Top with remaining whipped cream, fruit, nuts and ice cream cone pieces.
- 17Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top.
- 18Chill till ready to serve. Best when cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nicole's Punch Bowl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 290.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 57.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g