Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great, flavorful, easy mushroom marinara sauce that pairs great with your favorite noodle! This is my 'diet' version of my normal marinara...no ground beef, less olive oil, and way less fat! I easily incorporate this into my new 'diet'.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, washed and sliced
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil
- pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook until they release water.
- Add diced tomatoes and basil to pan. Cook 5 minutes over medium high heat until most of liquid has reduced. Add rest of tomato sauce and simmer 1/2 hour of medium low heat.
- Serve over hot noodles with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Easy to make and delicious!<br/><br/>I love mushrooms so added a lot more, and also added some vegetarian meat. It's a pretty big batch, but easy to cut down for a smaller portion