Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great for Valentine's day if you use a heart shaped cookie cutter!
Make and share this Nicole's Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Let butter sit on counter and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300F Cream butter until it is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Beat in the sugar, a little at a time.
- Add salt.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Turn out onto a floured board and pat or roll to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with heart shaped (or whatever shaped) cookie cutters.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
- Make sure that the cookies have cooled off.
- Quickly dip half the cookie in melted chocolate.
- Let it set on waxed paper.
Fantastic shortbread- light and crumbly a slight caramel taste from the brown sugar.