Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My girlfriend Nicole gave me this recipe in a recipe swap and it is DIVINE!!!! She said it was a little different from other cheesy potato casserole - and she was right - but it is SOOOOO terrific!!!
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, THAWED
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, soups, sour cream, milk, onion, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix well, then season with salt, pepper and dill.
- Spoon into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Add parmesan and paprika if desire.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until well browned an bubbly.
- Cover at end if getting too brown.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO good!! I've been wanting some hashbrown casserole for sometime now and this was the BOMB DIGGITY!! Thanks for posting!!!!!