adopt a greyhound's Note:
This is a classic salad with a combination of recipes I have tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fingerling potato
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 ounces green beans, fresh
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 -10 ounces tuna, fresh
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 leaves romaine lettuce, hand ripped
- 3 ounces spinach, fresh baby
- 8 basil leaves
- basil vinaigrette, below
- 1 tomato, cut in wedges
- 20 nicoise olives, chopped (I used Kalamata)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- basil vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a sauce pan, add eggs and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and put into a bowl covered with water and add ice cubes. Let sit in water till needed.
- 2Put potatoes and 1/2 t. Kosher salt in a saucepan, add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Set aside.
- 3Fill saucepan 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Add the beans and 1/2 t. salt and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- 4Make vinaigrette. In a food processor, add garlic, and basil and process till finely chopped. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and process till smooth. Slowly add the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5This can all be done ahead of time.
- 6Heat grill or grill pan. In a small bowl, combine 1 T. mayonnaise and honey. Season tuna with salt and pepper and coat both sides with the mayonnaise mixture. When grill is hot, grill the tuna for 3-5 minute per side for medium. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 7In a medium bowl, mix 2 T mayonnaise, Dijon and 1/2 t. salt. Cut the cooled potatoes in half and toss with mixture. Grill on medium high heat for 1-2 min per side without disturbing to make grill marks.
- 8Divide Romaine, spinach, basil, between serving plates. Use 1-2 T. of basil vinaigrette for each plate and mix lightly together. Top with beans, tomatoes, olives, and eggs in bunches. Arrange grilled potatoes, and tuna on the plates and drizzle with as much of the basil vinaigrette as you like.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nicoise Salad With Grilled Tuna, Potatoes and Basil Viniaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.3
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 260.3 mg
- Sodium 2072.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: