Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a Best of International Cooking Book that I have been dying to try. So of course I say to myself, thats perfect for ZWT3 France! this is a salad topped with tuna, eggs, (but personally, I would leave out the anchovies...) enjoy
- 1⁄2 small head lettuce
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch of mixed dried leaf basil, oregano and thyme
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 onion, cut in rings
- 24 ripe olives
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut in wedges
- Separate lettuce leaves; if large, tear into small pieces. Place lettuce leaves into a large salad bowl.
- Flake tuna; into small pieces. Cut each anchovy fillet in half lengthwise; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together oil, vinegar, salt, white pepper and dried herbs. Pour over lettuce.
- Gently fold in cucumber, tomatoes, onion, flaked tuna and olives. Arrange anchovies and eggs on salad.