Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
A true pizzeria style pizza crust. Were talking thin in the center, a full crunchy crust an just the right taste. P.S. you will need a pizza stone and pizza easle for this recipe.
- 1 teaspoon baking yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- In a glass (liquid) measuring cup, draw up 1 1/2 cups warm watter. Pour in yeast and sugar. mix well and let sit till a good frothy head has formed ontop of the mixture( aprox 5-10min.).
- in a large mixing bowl sift the 3 cups of the flour with the salt. form a hole in the center of the dry mix. pour the yeast/water mixture into the flour and stir as much as possible. take the dough mixture out of the bowl and knead in the rest of the flour till you get a somewhat sticky, elastic dough. roll into a ball and set aside.
- pour a bit of your olive oil into your mixing bowl. place your dough ball into the ollive oil and roll it till its evenly coated. cover with cling wrap or a damp cloth,and let it sit till the dough has doubled in size.
- pour out and evenly spread your cornmeal on your pizza stone. place in the oven and pre heat the oven to 550°F you need to cook with your stone on the lowest shelf possible.
- once the dough has rissen take it out of the bowl and give it a good punch to get the air out of it. form it into a 14 in circle. use your easle to remove your pizzastone and set it onto your counter. becareful,its verry hot. place your dough on the stone with caution. pour on the rest of your olive oil and coat evenly. put on topping and bake for 15-25 min.