Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Warm, sweet, hearty banana bread. Simple to make, wonderful to eat. My brother's recipe. Preparation tips: 1) Make sure that the bananas are slightly over-ripe. Just leave them out for about 4-5 days after buying them from the store. 2) After you've added all the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, make a small "crater" in the mix before adding the liquid ingredients and banana slices; this makes mixing a little easier.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 whole bananas, slightly over-ripe and thinly sliced
- Mix all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients (slicing the bananas into the bowl).
- Mix together. (Can use an electric mixer or simply whisk ingredients together until banana slices are reduced to small bits).
- Pour mix into bread pan.
- Bake at 350-400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
OHMYGOODNESS! This recipe is amazing! I followed it exactly, using bananas I'd frozen after becoming overly ripe. Oh, and we made muffins rather than a loaf (baked about 18 minutes). They were delicious! Incredibly moist and flavorful. The whole family loved them!!
Made this for my co-workers and recieved great reviews. Thanks for sharing. I followed the recipe as is, however the next time I will add more spices and make it in mimi loaf pans. Also, i may divide into 2 loaves because it seemed like it was too much for one bread and took longer to cook.