Recipe by Krystal-Belle
This ice cream recipe was something I stumbled across while searching the NickJr website with my 1 and a half year old son. Since my dh works late hours, my son and I decided to make something fun for when daddy got home. We made Reece's peanut butter cup ice cream for dad and he loved it so much that he asked me to make more tonight. Include any candy you like, or none at all... It still tastes fab! And don't forget to wear a pair of gloves when mixing because it gets really cold!
Top Review by miyumama
It's fun to make! My three year old daughter liked it very much. She usually doesn't have milk but she said it's really tasty!! First day after making ice cream, I kept the big bag with ice and salt in it in the freezer and next day, it worked! It's easy to make, fun to make, great recipe!! Thank you!!<br/><br/>Oh no but the next day, the big bag got a hole and had a leak in the freezer. I shouldn't have reused the bag.?Anyway, good recipe!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Other items needed:.
- 1/2 cup kosher salt.
- 3-4 cups ice cubes.
- 1 quart ziploc bag.
- 1 gallon ziploc bag.
- heavy duty tape (like packing tape or duct tape).
- Mix together the half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, and candy.
- Pour the mixture into the small resealable bag, seal the bag, then tape the top of the bag closed (to prevent leakage).
- Put the small bag into the larger one and fill the large bag with ice cubes (enough to cover the small bag).
- Pour the kosher salt into the bag and sealt eh large bag shut, then seal with tape (again, to prevent leakage).
- Put on your mittens, kids, and toss the bag back and forth for five minutes, or until the ice cream is the desired consistency (you might want to put a towel down on the floor because the bag will sweat, causing a big puddle!).
- Remove the small bag from the large one, cut a hole into the corner of the small bag, and squeeze out the ice cream.
- Top it any way you like, and enjoy!
- ***NOTE: If the ice cream is still too soft after tossing the bag for five minutes or so, just put the small bag of ice cream into the freezer for about a half an hour and it will be perfect! Also, if you blend your ice cream with milk until it is smooth and liquefied, it will be just like a Dairy Queen Blizzard!