Prep 25 mins
Cook 36 mins
I use a small ice cream scoop to ensure uniform size and rolled them just a bit between my hands before dropping on the cookie sheet. I get 32 3-inch cookies. My cookies were larger (4-inches) and more fragile when I didn’t roll them. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I gave them to our neighborhood’s finest to thank them for all that they do…I have attached a picture of the chocolate shavings though. The cook time is 12 minutes per cookie sheet. Reeses Peanut Butter Pieces look like M&Ms with peanut butter insides (these are not peanut butter chips but you could probably use them).
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Peter Pan)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces ghirardelli chocolate bars
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter, pieces (Reeses)
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, finely slice/sliver the chocolate bar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, and peanut butter.
- Add sugars then eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients gradually to wet ingredients until blended.
- Fold in chocolate, Reese’s Pieces, and nuts.
- Drop walnut size balls 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet. I roll mine a little between my hands. (They are more fragile when I don't).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.