1/3 Photos of Nickey's Meatloaf
1 hr 30 mins
This isn't exact but it's pretty close to Nickey's recipe for meatloaf. It's hard when someone doesn't measure! Sorry--times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small maui onion, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 -2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a pan then add onions, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally, until onions are translucent then remove from heat.
- 3Add Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, broth, and tomato paste.
- 4In a large bowl combine the ground beef, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs. Mix but don’t over mix.
- 5Place bacon strips on bottom of pan, then shape meatloaf on top.
- 6Top with about 1-2 tablespoons of ketchup.
- 7Bake for 60 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 8Leftovers make a great sandwich.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nickey's Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.0
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 193.2 mg
- Sodium 720.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 40.0 g