1/1 Photo of Nickey’s Strawberry-Applesauce Jell-O Ring
This is my favorite way to make jell-o for office parties and when entertaining. Because you have to wait between layers for the jell-o to set, I usually start it a day or two before I need it ... I do one layer before going to bed (or before leaving for work) then the second layer when I get up or whenever I have time like after work the next day. I usually have a little extra mix left over from layer two. I just put it in a small container and enjoy it for a snack. You will need a jell-o ring mold to make this as written but you can use anything you want to like little custard cups, etc. Water comes to a very fast boil so it takes almost no time at all except for the refrigeration time. The time posted does not include setting time. Your number of servings will depend on how big you cut your slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to oil jell-o ring mold)
- 1 (3 ounce) package wild strawberry flavored Jello gelatin
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) package knox gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- 1Coat jell-o ring mold with a light coating of vegetable oil.
- 3Bring 1 cup water to boil. Turn off heat.
- 4Add 3 ounce package jell-o and ½ package Knox gelatin. Stir until dissolved.
- 5Add 3/4 cup ice cold water.
- 6Pour into jell-o ring mold.
- 7Refrigerate until completely set.
- 9Bring 2 cups water to boil.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Add 6 ounce package jell-o. Stir until dissolved.
- 12Add applesauce; stir to mix inches.
- 13MAKE SURE LAYER 1 IS COMPLETELY SET BEFORE ADDING LAYER 2.
- 14Pour layer 2 into mold on top of layer 1.
- 15Refrigerate until set.
- 16Option: Hold back a little of layer 1 to place on layer 2 (after it sets) for three layers.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nickey’s Strawberry-Applesauce Jell-O Ring
Serving Size: 1 (1666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1422.3
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1362.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 332.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 219.4 g
- Protein 26.8 g