Recipe by COOKGIRl
I suppose I should start feeling guilty about all the recipes I've been stealing recently. I've also developed a smirk that doesn't seem to go away....
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
These Thai burritos WERE nice and we enjoyed them for dinner last night. I bought a mixed bag of broccoli and cauliflower florets, which cut down on prep time and made this recipe great for a weeknight meal. We used San-J gluten free Thai Peanut marinade and dipping sauce for the peanut sauce. DH and I had ours in wheat tortillas, but served my friend hers in a corn tortilla since she needs to eat gluten free and she said this worked well. This was very healthy. Thanks for posting. Made for Veggie Swap May 2013.
- 2 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli, cut up into small chunks
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut up into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup snow pea pods, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into coins
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2⁄3 cup pico de gallo (homemade or good quality store bought)
- 2⁄3 cup thai peanut sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely minced
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (10-inch burrito size)
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Can use a package of Asian-style medley frozen vegetables instead of fresh if you choose. We like the Thai peanut sauce recipe #63210.
- Steam the vegetables just until done. Do not overcook.
- Divide the rice, vegetables and remaining ingredients between the tortillas.
- Roll up burrito style and serve hot. Yield is estimated!