Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I suppose I should start feeling guilty about all the recipes I've been stealing recently. I've also developed a smirk that doesn't seem to go away....
- 2 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli, cut up into small chunks
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut up into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup snow pea pods, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into coins
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2⁄3 cup pico de gallo (homemade or good quality store bought)
- 2⁄3 cup thai peanut sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely minced
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (10-inch burrito size)
- NOTE: Can use a package of Asian-style medley frozen vegetables instead of fresh if you choose. We like the Thai peanut sauce recipe #63210.
- Steam the vegetables just until done. Do not overcook.
- Divide the rice, vegetables and remaining ingredients between the tortillas.
- Roll up burrito style and serve hot. Yield is estimated!
These Thai burritos WERE nice and we enjoyed them for dinner last night. I bought a mixed bag of broccoli and cauliflower florets, which cut down on prep time and made this recipe great for a weeknight meal. We used San-J gluten free Thai Peanut marinade and dipping sauce for the peanut sauce. DH and I had ours in wheat tortillas, but served my friend hers in a corn tortilla since she needs to eat gluten free and she said this worked well. This was very healthy. Thanks for posting. Made for Veggie Swap May 2013.
This is exactly the type of recipe I need more of in my life: easy, portable, healthy, and delicious. I made them as directed (except for using gluten-free tortillas) and enjoyed them at work all week. Next time I might throw in some tofu as well. Thanks for posting! Made for Veg*an Swap.
very yummy! I used #56939 for my peanut sauce and it turned out wonderful!