1/1 Photo of Nice 'n' Spicy Savoury Rice
From BBC food magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g basmati rice
- 14.79 ml sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 inch gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods, cracked
- 7.39 ml curry powder
- 50 g frozen peas
- 50 g frozen sweet corn
- 50 g sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in
- 375 ml boiling water
- 1Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Rinse and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
- 2Heat a large, ovenproof saucepan. Add the oil, then the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook on a low heat until the onion is soft. Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods and cook for a further 2 mins on a low heat. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 mins, then stir.
- 3Drain the rice and add it to the saucepan. Stir so that the rice is coated in the oil and spices. Add the peas, sweetcorn and half the flaked almonds, if using. Pour over the stock and stir.
- 4Cover the pan with a lid or with a sheet of foil, then cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes Remove from the oven, scatter with the remaining almonds, if using, and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nice 'n' Spicy Savoury Rice
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes