The basic recipe for this was originally posted in a Mid-Western town cookbook found at a antique show. It's been heavily modified since then.. I've served it for years this way.. I hope its enjoyed here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup (Heinz)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 3/4 tablespoon hot mustard (Mister Mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Trim excess fat from chops.
- 2In a skillet with cover, brown pork chops in butter and oil.
- 3Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and pour over browned pork chops.
- 4Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until tender. (about 30 minutes).
- 5Plate chops and pour gravy over the top.
- 6(Pan gravy can be thinned with a bit of water if its reduced too much while cooking).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nice-N-Spicy Red Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1052.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g