Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The basic recipe for this was originally posted in a Mid-Western town cookbook found at a antique show. It's been heavily modified since then.. I've served it for years this way.. I hope its enjoyed here.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (Heinz)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 3⁄4 tablespoon hot mustard (Mister Mustard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- In a skillet with cover, brown pork chops in butter and oil.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and pour over browned pork chops.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until tender. (about 30 minutes).
- Plate chops and pour gravy over the top.
- (Pan gravy can be thinned with a bit of water if its reduced too much while cooking).