Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
These baked egg rolls are lower in fat with the same taste as the fried ones.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- 1⁄2 cup dried mushroom
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 16 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Soak mushrooms in warm water 30 minutes.
- Drain, chop, discard stems.
- Chop chicken.
- Stir fry chicken and garlic quickly in heated cooking oil for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables; stir fry for 3 minutes more.
- Blend soy sauce into cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and salt.
- Stir into chicken mixture, cook until thickened.
- Wrap 2 Tbsp filling in wrapper burrito style.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For extra brown rolls, brush with egg white mixed with a little water, before baking.
Thank you for this great low fat recipe for Egg Rolls! My family can not tell the difference between the bake ones and or the fried ones! Thanks again! Donna
Really guilt free. Taste is just great. UPDATE: Tried this recipe again. Instead of baking, I browned them in cooking spray, then reduced heat to low and steamed them 10 minutes covered with 1/4 cup of chicken broth. WOW! great.
Very good! I made these for dinner last night. I saw a great tip on the Rachael Ray Show on how to "bake" fry foods. Preheat about 1/4 cup of oil on the cooking sheet you will be baking the egg rolls in. When you are ready to bake the egg rolls take hot sheet pan out of the oven: roll them through the hot oil and bake as directed. (The oil should sizzle when the egg roll is dredged through.) BE CAREFUL!!! REMEMBER PAN WILL BE HOT!!!! My egg rolls were crispy and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!