Recipe by Stardustannie
A tasty quick n easy meal thats sure to impress. My family enjoys this served over creamy mashed spuds and veg.
Top Review by CajunBaby
This is the perfect light pasta recipe! And so easy. Like some of the other posters, I used 2% milk because I had no cream on hand. With cornstarch it doesn't seem to matter, and the result is a very light but savory sauce. What's also great about this recipe is that you can keep it simple as written or add other veggies -- I had some leftover fresh green beans that I sliced into bits and added, along with a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan. This is a keeper -- my husband and I loved it!
- 200 g bacon, rashers cut into strips
- 750 g chicken breasts, halved though the middle if thick pieces
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 5 spring onions, sliced (inc green part)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon and chicken pieces in large saucepan.
- Mix cream, mustard, water, and cornflour in jug and add to chicken and bacon. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add spring onions and simmer for a further 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.