Recipe by Martina
A great way to freeze garden corn. I use an electric knife to cut the corn off the cobs, and freeze the corn in vacuum bags, but a person could use freezer containers as well. Prep time includes cooling time.
- 11 cups corn, cut off the cob (raw)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raw corn, sugar, salt, and water in large pot.
- Slowly bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the butter.
- Stir to combine.
- Let cool and put desired amount in vacuum bags, dividing the liquid among each package.
- Seal and freeze.