Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nutty, buttery chickpeas, sweet bananas, crunchy bitter cacao nibs and a touch of sugar add up to gluten free blondie-like bars. They're a treat you can have anytime! If you have no nut concerns feel free to use almond or peanut butter for the SunButter.
- 473.18 ml cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar
- 1 g packetcaramel flavoured stevia artificial sweetener (optional)
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sunflower seed butter or 29.58 ml almond butter
- 0.25 ml salt
- 78.07 ml brown rice flour
- 29.58 ml ground salba seeds or 29.58 ml ground chia seeds
- 29.58 ml ground sesame seeds
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml cream of tartar
- 59.14 ml cacao, nibs
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a 9" square pan with parchment or greased foil.
- In a food processor, puree chickpeas, bananas, sugar, stevia, honey, sunflower seed butter and salt until smooth.
- Add the flour, ground seeds, baking soda and cream of tartar, and run the machine to combine.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse inches.
- Scrape into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake 35 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.