Nutty, buttery chickpeas, sweet bananas, crunchy bitter cacao nibs and a touch of sugar add up to gluten free blondie-like bars. They're a treat you can have anytime! If you have no nut concerns feel free to use almond or peanut butter for the SunButter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar
- 1 g packet caramel flavoured stevia artificial sweetener (optional)
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sunflower seed butter or 29.58 ml almond butter
- 0.25 ml salt
- 78.07 ml brown rice flour
- 29.58 ml ground salba seeds or 29.58 ml ground chia seeds
- 29.58 ml ground sesame seeds
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml cream of tartar
- 59.14 ml cacao, nibs
- 1Preheat oven to 350F, line a 9" square pan with parchment or greased foil.
- 2In a food processor, puree chickpeas, bananas, sugar, stevia, honey, sunflower seed butter and salt until smooth.
- 3Add the flour, ground seeds, baking soda and cream of tartar, and run the machine to combine.
- 4Add the cacao nibs and pulse inches.
- 5Scrape into the pan and smooth the top.
- 6Bake 35 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nibby Chickpea Banana Blondies
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 239.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sunflower seed butter