Recipe by YummySmellsca
Nutty, buttery chickpeas, sweet bananas, crunchy bitter cacao nibs and a touch of sugar add up to gluten free blondie-like bars. They're a treat you can have anytime! If you have no nut concerns feel free to use almond or peanut butter for the SunButter.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 (1 g) packetcaramel flavoured stevia artificial sweetener (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter or 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons ground salba seeds or 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup cacao, nibs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a 9" square pan with parchment or greased foil.
- In a food processor, puree chickpeas, bananas, sugar, stevia, honey, sunflower seed butter and salt until smooth.
- Add the flour, ground seeds, baking soda and cream of tartar, and run the machine to combine.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse inches.
- Scrape into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake 35 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.