15 hrs 30 mins
Occasionally, I like to have a large salad for dinner, but the family wants something a little more substantial. I've found that with the addition of grilled steak and potatoes, this salad pleases everyone. The marinating time for the steak is not included in the prep/cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together the vinaigrette and mustard; set aside 1/2 cup.
- 2Combine flank steak and remaining vinaigrette mixture in shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. About 30 minutes before you plan to eat, start preparing the salad.
- 3Bring the cold water and eggs to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let them sit off the heat for about 15 minutes. Rinse eggs in cold water until they have cooled. Peel eggs, slice, and set aside.
- 4While eggs are cooking, place potatoes and cold water in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes, until they are just tender, being careful not to overcook. When they are cool, peel the potatoes, quarter them, and set aside.
- 5Then, in a medium saucepan bring salted water to a boil, and cook the beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain beans in a colander, rinse under cold water to stop the cooking and drain again. Pat dry and set aside.
- 6Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Slice diagonally across the grain.
- 7Prepare the salad by combining the eggs, potatoes and beans. Mix them with the mixed greens and olives. Toss the steak slices gently with the salad and drizzle with the remaining 1/2 cup vinaigrette mixture.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Niçoise Steak Salad
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.0
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: