That is Dr House to you's Note:
Tried this summers Garden Vegetable Salad Stacker in the Kraft magazine and we both agreed it needed some help. NOTE this is a work in progress. It will prob be changed. Use only garden fresh or farm market fresh vegetables. Store bought is NOT going to make it. You don't want pale tomatoes for this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 6 ounces fat free cheese (your choice) or 6 ounces soy cheese, see note
- 1/3 cup fat-free salad dressing, see note
- 6 slices red onions or 6 slices vidalia onions
- 12 cucumbers, slices see note
- 6 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning, to taste
- 1Note: The cheese can be any you want. I personally use Fat Free cheddar. It can be Mozzarella or any other you desire. For those who can have the fat, I strongly recommend a good cheese that you slice. Use any salad dressing you desire. We prefer Ken's Fat Free Sun Dried Tomato. The cucumber specified is seedless. With fresh garden you don't have that problem. Seeds don't cause a problem if you get a nice young tender cuke out of the garden or off the local farmer.
- 2Place 6 of the tomato slices on plates, top with cheese slice. Sprinkle lightly with the Mrs. Dash. Drizzle with 1/2 of your dressing.
- 3Now top with onion slice and 2 cucumber slices. Sprinkle a bit with Mrs. Dash if desired.
- 4Top with the tomato slice. If you did not use Mrs. Dash in the last step do so now. Drizzle with the dressing.
- 5If using the fresh basil top with the leaf.
- 6NOTES for Vegans use only a soy cheese with a no milk and eggs dressing.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Next Step up from K's Garden Vegetable Salad Stacker
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cheese
fat-free salad dressing