Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my mom's favorites,she loves Robert Redford,I guess this is her litle tribute to him.Delicious dessert,kids love it.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts are what I use)
- 1 (13 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- chopped nuts (to garnish)
- Mix flour,butter and 1 cup nuts,press into bottom of 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Beat together 1/2 of the cool whip,and all of the cream cheese and sugar.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix chocolate pudding mix and milk,spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining cool whip and gransh with nuts.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
I LOVE this dessert...my mom used to make it for Tupperware parties, etc. I have made it several times myself....always a favorite!
One of our favorites for going on 30 years now this is also called a lush dessert. Found it in a church cookbook that long ago by that name but it's the exact same ingredients with the exception of powdered sugar rather than regular sugar.
This is a wonderful recipe! My aunt started making this a few years ago after finding the recipe on allrecipes.com and now my dad tells her she can't come to Christmas or Thanksgiving without it!