Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every Spring, our Newtown Neighborhood has a Garden Walk. Those of us who show our gardens give away plants, and also serve refreshments. I was told that my limeade was the best ever, and would I please share the recipe! I learned the technique from one of the wonderful cooks in our church who makes great lemonade. The fizzy water is my idea. I serve this with my Valentine Rich Rolled Cookies, decorated for Spring.
- Squeeze 10 limes and the 2 lemons, and put the juice into a 2 gallon crock (#2 crock).
- Thinly slice the remaining 2 limes and add them to the crock.
- Add the sugar and mash together until sugar is dissolved. (I use my clean hands).
- Slowly add the fizzy water and stir gently.
- Add the ice, and top with sprig of mint.
- Put on front porch serve with ladle.
This is a keeper! We served it along with mexican fajitas. It is fantastic. I thought it may be a little too sweet for me, but it was just right. The carbonated water is a very clever addition! LOVE IT!