Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A novel way for grilling salmon giving a lovely smoked flavor and moist fish! Can even be cooked over the campfire!
- Season the salmon inside and out with olive oil, salt and pepper and half the herbs.
- Place salmon in opened out newspaper.
- Scatter over lemons, scallions, the rest of the herbs and fennel seeds, tucking some into the inside of the fish.
- Drizzle with a little more oil and wrap the fish in the paper securing tightly with string.
- Wet the parcel thoroughly so all the paper is soaked.
- Place on grill / campfire for 25 minutes on each side.
- Serve with salad.
We used two fillets of salmon for a total of 3 lbs (I love leftover salmon to use in other recipes). It was so cool cooking this in newspaper - what an adventure! I just had to trust it would turn out okay and it was great! I did about 20 minutes per side. When I turned it over I wrapped another section of wet newspaper around to reinforce the wrapper. Next time I would cut fennel amount in half - not my favorite spice and it was pretty strong. Otherwise very very good! ZWT 2007
We tried this today on the barbecue. We used a piece of fish that was much smaller and reduced the cooking time. Unfortunatly it wasn't completely cooked, but the piece that was cooked was outstanding. We will definitely try it again in the near future and cook it a little longer and then I just know it will be juicy, moist and delicious! This is a keeper, I even plan on trying it in the oven in aluminium foil, but it ptobably won't get that smoky flavour that way. Thanks for posting!