Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From newmansown.com. I was amazed at the amount of flavor in the recipe. That little bottle of salad dressing really packs a punch. The original instructions didn't say anything about adding some oil to the pan before stir-frying your shrimp, but I stir-fried the shrimp in the same large pan I used to fry the wonton wrappers (after dumping out the oil).
- 6-8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 236.59 ml newman's own lighten up sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 head bibb lettuce, cored and chopped, keep outer leaves whole
- 236.59 ml napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml shallot, chopped
- 59.14 ml carrot, julienned
- 59.14 ml snow peas, julienned
- 118.29 ml broccoli floret, blanched
- 14.79 ml red pepper, diced
- 14.79 ml scallion, chopped
- 14.79 ml toasted cashews, chopped
- 118.29 ml fried wonton wrapper
- Place shrimp in 1/2 cup of the salad dressing for 20 minutes to marinate.
- From the top, remove the core of the Bibb lettuce; reserve outer leaves.
- Arrange whole lettuce leaves around salad bowl.
- Julienne and mix the Bibb lettuce core with the Napa cabbage.
- Place saute pan on medium high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and add shrimp to hot pan.
- When shrimp have started to become translucent (2-3 minutes), add shallots, carrots, snow peas, broccoli and red pepper.
- Stir-fry shrimp and vegetable mixture for about one minute until vegetables begin to sweat.
- Add remaining 2 ounces of salad dressing and remove from heat.
- Place vegetable and shrimp mixture into lettuce bowl and top with chopped scallions, cashews and fried wonton noodles.