1/1 Photo of Newman's Own Sesame Ginger Shrimp Salad
Kay Demonbren's Note:
From newmansown.com. I was amazed at the amount of flavor in the recipe. That little bottle of salad dressing really packs a punch. The original instructions didn't say anything about adding some oil to the pan before stir-frying your shrimp, but I stir-fried the shrimp in the same large pan I used to fry the wonton wrappers (after dumping out the oil).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup newman's own lighten up sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 head bibb lettuce, cored and chopped, keep outer leaves whole
- 1 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup snow peas, julienned
- 1/2 cup broccoli floret, blanched
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup fried wonton wrapper
- 1Place shrimp in 1/2 cup of the salad dressing for 20 minutes to marinate.
- 2From the top, remove the core of the Bibb lettuce; reserve outer leaves.
- 3Arrange whole lettuce leaves around salad bowl.
- 4Julienne and mix the Bibb lettuce core with the Napa cabbage.
- 5Place saute pan on medium high heat.
- 6Remove shrimp from marinade and add shrimp to hot pan.
- 7When shrimp have started to become translucent (2-3 minutes), add shallots, carrots, snow peas, broccoli and red pepper.
- 8Stir-fry shrimp and vegetable mixture for about one minute until vegetables begin to sweat.
- 9Add remaining 2 ounces of salad dressing and remove from heat.
- 10Place vegetable and shrimp mixture into lettuce bowl and top with chopped scallions, cashews and fried wonton noodles.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Newman's Own Sesame Ginger Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sesame ginger salad dressing