Recipe by BamaKathy
A friend gave me this recipe as a newlywed. Through the last thirty years, it has become a favorite of our family, our new son-in-laws, and our friends. It sounds simple, but is so tasty!
Top Review by cookiemakin'mama
This recipe was just ok for me, it really didn't have enough flavor for my family and reminded me too much of hamburger helper. if i was to make this again i would add more seasoning and more veggies to it, maybe some corn or zucchini. i did add some velveeta and that helped some, but was a little "generic" overall
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 (8 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, saute meat, onion, and bell pepper until vegetables are tender and meat is browned.
- Combine with noodles, salt, pepper, mushrooms and mushroom soup in 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and pour french fried onions over top.
- Return to oven, uncovered for five minutes.