Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend gave me this recipe as a newlywed. Through the last thirty years, it has become a favorite of our family, our new son-in-laws, and our friends. It sounds simple, but is so tasty!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 (8 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
- In skillet, saute meat, onion, and bell pepper until vegetables are tender and meat is browned.
- Combine with noodles, salt, pepper, mushrooms and mushroom soup in 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and pour french fried onions over top.
- Return to oven, uncovered for five minutes.
This recipe was just ok for me, it really didn't have enough flavor for my family and reminded me too much of hamburger helper. if i was to make this again i would add more seasoning and more veggies to it, maybe some corn or zucchini. i did add some velveeta and that helped some, but was a little "generic" overall
I just made this tonight for dinner and we all loved it! I didn't have an onion so just used the dried onions I had in the spice rack and had no sliced mushrooms. I did add frozen peas and carrots to this and it was great! I also used 2 cans of the mushroom soup instead of one and am very glad I did since I added the veggies. The fried onions gave it that special taste and really enjoyed it.
This was quick and easy. Followed the recipe except I doubled it because I was feeding 3 hungry guys. Served with biscuits and a salad. Very good meal. Thanks for the recipe.