Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A version of one of my favorite salads. This was posted on Big Oven by Michelle.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces total)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups red grapes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 cup crouton
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make sherry vinaigrette: Pour first 5 vinagrette ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. using the smaller blender opening, slowly add the oil and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed, according to your taste.
- Lightly season chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts until cooked throughout, but still juicy. Set aside to cool, and then slice.
- Prepare salad by adding lettuce, chicken breast, gorgonzola, cranberries, grapes, artichokes, pecans and croutons to a large salad bowl. Slowly add just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat the salad and then toss. Serve salad with additional vinaigrette on the side for those who like more dressing.