- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pickling spices (tied in cheesecloth)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups coarsely-chopped onions
- 2 cups coarsely-chopped granny smith apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomatoes in saucepan and add sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, salt and pickling spices. Stir well. Bring to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and apples. Boil vigorously for 5 minutes then cover tightly, turn off heat and let stand about one hour. (may be boiled longer if you like the onions really soft.
- Pack in jars and store in refrigerator.